Who are GLoBALL Ambassadors?
Friendly people who already have a basic understanding of footy, netball or cricket and explain it well to others.
- People interested in sharing their knowledge about footy, netball or cricket and in supporting the GLoBALL goal of Strengthening Communities Through Sport
- Members of footy, netball and/or cricket clubs
- Multicultural volunteers
- Teachers from universities and colleges
- Students (foreign and local citizens)
- New migrants
What do they do?
Ambassadors assist groups of international students and new migrants in arriving at and making the most of footy, netball and cricket games. They may also be asked to help out at other GLoBALL events such as program launches and graduation ceremonies.
Ambassadors are expected to:
- Go to a briefing session at start of the season to learn more about the role of an ambassador.
- Assist with at least one game (those who work as ambassadors for two or more games receive a special reward)
- Share their knowledge in a friendly way and chat with participants to help make it a fun experience for everyone.
Why be a GLoBALL Ambassador?
It’s a great opportunity to meet new people from different cultures, you have opportunity to develop your interpersonal skills by communicating and facilitating communication within your group and introduce your sharing knowledge about footy, netball or cricket. It enables you to contribute to the GLoBALL goal of Strengthening Communities Through Sport.
For students, it’s a good opportunity to practice your leadership and coordination skills, enjoy fun events while even gaining credit for Work Integrated Learning activities, or as part of your mentoring or buddy work through your educational institution. You can also help to engage other students with their local community sporting clubs and groups.
To register as an Ambassador and receive updates on our upcoming events click here.