The GLoBALL program is committed to the protection of your personal information. The following information explains how your personal information will be treated as you access and interact with the GLoBALL web site. In knowing this you are then able to make knowledgeable choices about whether to provide personally identifiable information to us and to give you the opportunity to direct us to limit the manner in which your personally identifiable information is used.
The information that we will collect about you will depend on how you use the facilities offered by the web site. For example, when completing a ticket request application we will collect details such as name, surname, address, email address, date of birth, contact number, etc. Some of this information is essential for us to be able to accurately identify who is using the service and as such is mandatory. Other types of information are collected to help us profile who is using the services and what their interests are. Information of this type is often optional, however when provided enables us to continually ensure our products and services reflect the changing interests of our customers.
How do we use your personal information?
- Verify your identity;
- Develop, run, administer and market competitions, programs, activities and other events relating to cricket, AFL, and other sports;
- Market products, services, merchandise and special offers made available by us, our partners, suppliers and sponsors;
- Administer and manage our web site and provide you with access to our web site;
- Keep you informed of news and information (relating to cricket and other sports, including by distributing newsletters, publications and other communication via various mediums;
- Research and develop new competitions, programs, activities and other events relating to GLoBALL program; and
- Research and develop new products, services and merchandise relating to GLoBALL program.
If you do not wish to receive our newsletters, publications and other communications, please advise us in writing (contact details are set out below).
We require parties that we disclose your personal information to keep the information confidential and not to use the information other than the purpose for which it is disclosed to them.
When do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Essendon Football Club and/or Cricket Victoria;
- Organisations involved in sporting programs and initiatives in Australia;
- Companies that we have engaged to carry out functions and activities on our behalf;
- Our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- Our insurers;
- The Program partners and sponsors; and
- Otherwise as required or authorized by law.
Our web site
When you visit our web site, our systems may record certain information about your use of our web site (such as which web pages you visit and the time and date of your visit). We use this information to help analyse and improve the performance of our web site. In addition, we may use “cookies” on our web site. Cookies are small text files that help a web site to remember your preferences and improve your experience of using that web site. Using cookies is standard practice for most large web sites. In some cases, the cookies that we use may collect some personal information about you. We will treat this information in the same way as other personal information we collect about you. If you prefer, you may be able to disable cookies on your internet browser. However, if you do so, you will not be able to enjoy the enhanced user experience that our cookies offer. Websites linked to our website are not subject to our privacy standards, policies or procedures. These individual websites would need to be contacted or reviewed directly to determine their privacy standards, policies and procedures.
Accuracy of your personal information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on the accuracy of personal information as provided to us both directly and indirectly. If you find that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us immediately (our contact details are set out below) and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Protecting personal information
We store personal information in paper and/or in electronic form. The security of information is important to us and reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure will be taken. Some of the security measures that we use include:
- Confidentiality requirements of our employees and service providers;
- Security measures for computer/data base system access;
- Security measures on our website.
How can you access the personal information that we hold about you?
Subject to some exceptions provided by law, you have the right to access your personal information. For security purposes, if you would like to access personal information that we hold about you, we require you to put your request in writing. If we do not allow you access to any part of the personal information we hold about you, we will tell you why. We will not charge you for lodging a request to access your personal information, but we may charge you for our reasonable costs in supplying you with access to this information.
How to contact us
or via mail at:
Essendon Football Club
PO Box 17 Essendon VIC 3040